The more you use the Credit Union, the more you can benefit. Get special perks based on your BrightStar relationship. Every BrightStar Credit Union member is a star - But you may qualify for our elite Platinum Star Membership as well.
Benefits You Get:
- Free BrightStar exclusive star design checks.
- Free paper or e-statements
- A 0.25% APR discount on a new Auto Loan (new or used), Fixed Rate Home Equity Loan or Vacation Loan.
- A 0.25% APY bump-up on a new or renewing CD. (Certain restrictions may apply.*)
- $10 off a Safety Deposit Box annual rental fee.
- $50 off the price of a new Extended Vehicle Warranty.
- $50 off the price of a new Auto Loan GAP Policy
- No overdraft transfer fee on Advantage & Interest Checking accounts
- Free travelers checks, money orders and official checks.
Have an active BrightStar CU Checking Account & Visa Check Card, PLUS use any two of the following three services:
- Have at least $20,000 in combined BrightStar balances, OR
- Have Direct Deposit of at least $500 monthly to your BrightStar Checking, OR
- Use free Online BillPay to pay at least 1 bill per month
Your Relationship Counts!
If you meet the requirements for Platinum Star Membership, you're automatically enrolled based on your relationship—so there's no need to sign up.
For more information or to sign up for any of these services, please drop by, call us or go online. 954-486-BSCU (2728) 800-637-BSCU
*Certain restrictions may apply. In addition, special offers may impact the availability of this benefit. For details, visit our “rates” page or ask a representative.
**Your combined BrightStar balances include your BrightStar deposit account balances (checking, savings, CDs) plus your loan balances (auto loans, personal loans, excluding first mortgage loans not held at the CU), plus your Investment Center account balances—but does not include the new loan, CD or account balance on which you will receive the bonus/discount. For example: If you have a $15,000 BrightStar car loan, $2,000 in your Savings, plus $10,000 invested in an Investment Center account—your combined balances are $27,000. Program benefits must be requested at the time the check order is placed, when the items are purchased, when the new account is opened/renewed, when the loan application is submitted—or within 60 days of any such activity. Star membership benefits cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers, special rates, special car sales or coupons. Limit one free box of checks per calendar year. Rate discounts and bonuses are for new loans and new/renewing CDs only, not applicable on existing loans or CDs. CDs must be for a term of at least 6 months to qualify for the higher APY. Star Membership levels can change at any time, based on your balances, services used, periodic reports that we generate and other factors. There may be a time delay in providing credit to members for some services used. This program, its requirements and its benefits are subject to change or end at anytime without notice. Member accounts must be in good standing to qualify. Other conditions and limitations may apply. Ask a representative for complete details. Member NCUA. An Equal Housing Lender.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you open a BrightStar CU account, you become a member. Your membership is your passport to a whole world of Credit Union services. Join for as little as $1. Once you're a member, you're eligible to apply for other accounts-including checking, loans, credit cards, and more. We offer 3 convenient ways to join:
- Submit an application online
- Complete a PDF application online, then mail it
- Visit your nearest BrightStar CU branch location
Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Broward, Collier, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach OR St. Lucie Counties, Florida. BrightStar CU serves Broward Schools, as we've proudly done for over 70 years. We provide services to local Partner Organizations, which offer BrightStar CU as a benefit to their employees. Family members of the above named groups are also eligible to join.