Building a Brighter Community
BrightStar was founded on the philosophy of people helping people. We take great joy in helping our community, and we proudly support a variety of programs and events.
Here’s a partial list of our program sponsorships:
- The Broward Educational Foundation's Impact II Teacher Grant and Adapter Awards, the end of year teacher appreciation event and the BRACE Scholarships.
- Broward County Schools Teacher of the Year and Employee of the Year.
- Broward County Schools ACCLAIM program which recognizes Principals and Assistant Principals who have the qualities of outstanding leaders.
- The Historic Sistrunk Festival Gala.
- Broward County Schools Volunteer and Mentor Programs.
- High School Financial Planning Curriculum and Resources.
- And more!
Frequently Asked Questions
When you open a BrightStar CU account, you become a member. Your membership is your passport to a whole world of Credit Union services. Join for as little as $1. Once you're a member, you're eligible to apply for other accounts - including checking, loans, credit cards, and more. We offer 3 convenient ways to join:
- Submit an application online
- Complete a PDF application online, then mail it
- Visit your nearest BrightStar CU branch location
Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Broward, Collier, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach OR St. Lucie Counties, Florida. BrightStar CU serves Broward Schools, as we've proudly done for over 70 years. We provide services to local Partner Organizations, which offer BrightStar CU as a benefit to their employees. Family members of the above named groups are also eligible to join.