Here are some helpful Tips
- When using an ATM, be aware of your surroundings and others in line behind you. Position yourself in front of the ATM to prevent anyone from seeing your PIN. Keep a polite distance when waiting in line at an ATM and allow the person in front of you to complete his or her transaction before approaching the machine.
- Complete deposit forms and have your card ready before approaching the ATM.
- When your transaction is complete, put your card and cash into your pocket. You can count it later in the safety of your locked car or home.
- At night, park in a well-lighted area and have someone accompany you, if possible.
- At drive up ATMs, lock your doors, keep your other car windows up and keep your car running.
- If you notice anything suspicious, cancel your transaction, pocket your card and leave immediately. Go to a safe place, use another ATM or come back later. Call the police if you suspect dangerous or illegal activity.
- If you witness a crime, report it to the police and to the operator of the ATM.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you open a BrightStar CU account, you become a member. Your membership is your passport to a whole world of Credit Union services. Join for as little as $1. Once you're a member, you're eligible to apply for other accounts-including checking, loans, credit cards, and more. We offer 3 convenient ways to join:
- Submit an application online
- Complete a PDF application online, then mail it
- Visit your nearest BrightStar CU branch location
Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Broward, Collier, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach OR St. Lucie Counties, Florida. BrightStar CU serves Broward Schools, as we've proudly done for over 70 years. We provide services to local Partner Organizations, which offer BrightStar CU as a benefit to their employees. Family members of the above named groups are also eligible to join.