Start Your Online Application
Or Print it Off and Mail it In!
Print and mail a Membership Application. Simply read and print the Membership Application and Account Disclosures below. Then bring the application to your nearest BrightStar CU location or mail it to us at:
BrightStar Credit Union
PO Box 8966,
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Please include a copy of each signer's drivers license or other valid photo ID. Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
Visit a BrightStar Branch for Membership
Visit your nearest BrightStar CU branch location to join.
Questions? Call 954-486-2728.
Who Can Join?
- Anyone* who lives, works or goes to school in Broward, Collier, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach OR St. Lucie Counties, Florida.
- Anyone* associated with any educational institution in Broward County.
- Family members of anyone eligible by blood, marriage or adoption may join, even though such individuals do not reside in the same household.
- We provide services to local Partner Organizations, which offer BrightStar CU as a benefit to their employees.
*individuals or organizations
Frequently Asked Questions
When you open a BrightStar CU account, you become a member. Your membership is your passport to a whole world of Credit Union services. Join for as little as $1. Once you're a member, you're eligible to apply for other accounts-including checking, loans, credit cards, and more. We offer 3 convenient ways to join:
- Submit an application online
- Complete a PDF application online, then mail it
- Visit your nearest BrightStar CU branch location
Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Broward, Collier, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach OR St. Lucie Counties, Florida. BrightStar CU serves Broward Schools, as we've proudly done for over 70 years. We provide services to local Partner Organizations, which offer BrightStar CU as a benefit to their employees. Family members of the above named groups are also eligible to join.