4 Reasons to "Go Direct Deposit"
- It's Convenient and Reliable. Your money will be in your account whether you're on vacation, sick or just too busy to deposit a check. Also, in the event that your employer is closed, such as during a storm, it'll be easier for you to receive your payroll.
- It's Safe and Secure. When there's no check, there's no threat of theft. Plus, at the Credit Union, your funds are insured for at least $250,000 by the NCUA.
- It's Confidential. Your deposit will appear on your pay stub and can be confirmed by checking your balance with Call24, our 24-hour telephone teller or by using our Free Online Banking.
- You'll Save Money. No more check cashing fees or driving around town to cash your check. Manage and control your money. Sign up for Direct Deposit today!
What is the BrightStar CU routing number or ABA number?
The BrightStar CU transit/ABA routing number is 267078299.
Additionally, your BrightStar CU Checking account number is a 13 digit number that appears on the bottom of your checks (after the BrightStar CU routing and transit number). Your BrightStar CU Savings or loan account numbers will be your 6 digit member number followed by your 2 digit account or loan suffix/type. If you don't know your suffix, check your statement, call us, or view your suffix using Online Banking.
We can setup an automatic transfer to occur to your savings account(s) weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly. Here’s the form to establish an automatic transfer. You can also easily setup your own automatic transfers using Online Banking.
Direct Deposit Forms
Use your employer's direct deposit form or choose one of the forms below.
If you’re using your own form, please read the section about BrightStar’s routing number.
BrightStar Direct Deposit Sign-Up Form
*Approved for use by Broward Schools Employees*
Frequently Asked Questions
When you open a BrightStar CU account, you become a member. Your membership is your passport to a whole world of Credit Union services. Join for as little as $1. Once you're a member, you're eligible to apply for other accounts-including checking, loans, credit cards, and more. We offer 3 convenient ways to join:
- Submit an application online
- Complete a PDF application online, then mail it
- Visit your nearest BrightStar CU branch location
Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Broward, Collier, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach OR St. Lucie Counties, Florida. BrightStar CU serves Broward Schools, as we've proudly done for over 70 years. We provide services to local Partner Organizations, which offer BrightStar CU as a benefit to their employees. Family members of the above named groups are also eligible to join.