- Earn competitive dividends monthly on savings balances of $25 or more. We'll even deposit the first dollar for you!1
- Easy access to your savings using a BrightStar CU ATM Card (or Visa Check Card when you have a BrightStar Checking account).
- Receive statements quarterly or sign-up for free e-Statements and view your statements online. (Paper statement fee may apply.)
- Children and young adults can also start saving for their future at BrightStar CU. Ask us about Cosmo Kids Club!
1. There is a $5 monthly Savings Account participation fee if your Savings balance falls below $500 and you have no other accounts (i.e. checking) with BrightStar CU.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you open a BrightStar CU account, you become a member. Your membership is your passport to a whole world of Credit Union services. Join for as little as $1. Once you're a member, you're eligible to apply for other accounts-including checking, loans, credit cards, and more. We offer 3 convenient ways to join:
- Submit an application online
- Complete a PDF application online, then mail it
- Visit your nearest BrightStar CU branch location
Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Broward, Collier, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach OR St. Lucie Counties, Florida. BrightStar CU serves Broward Schools, as we've proudly done for over 70 years. We provide services to local Partner Organizations, which offer BrightStar CU as a benefit to their employees. Family members of the above named groups are also eligible to join.