About Visa Check Card
The BrightStar CU Visa Check Card Card is the convenient way to get cash and make purchases using funds directly from your BrightStar CU Checking account. Our Visa Check Card Card can be used at locations worldwide which accept Visa debit cards. It also works just like an ATM card. Use it to make withdrawals, deposits or balance inquiries at participating ATMs.
- No monthly or annual fees
- Earn points toward great rewards with Visa Check Card.
- Enjoy the freedom to make purchases without having to carry cash or write a check—anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, including restaurants, department stores and online merchants
- Easy access to cash-day or night, 7 days a week
- Make withdrawals, transfers, balance inquiries, loan payments or cash advances at BrightStar CU ATMs or at thousands of other participating ATMs
- Use your BrightStar CU Visa Check Card Card at all Credit Union 24*, CUHere and Publix Presto machines with no fee!
- Make deposits to your BrightStar CU account at BrightStar CU ATMs, at many ATMs displaying the Credit Union 24 network logo
- Use your card at participating point of sale terminals worldwide (i.e. grocery stores, gas stations, drug stores, restaurants)
- Receive monthly Checking statements that list your transactions-view your statements online with free Online Banking
BrightStar CU also offers an ATM Card if you need ATM access to your Savings account and do not have a BrightStar CU Checking account.
Additional BrightStar CU Visa Check Card Information
There are no transaction fees for member transactions performed at BrightStar CU ATMs, at Visa debit merchants or at point of sale terminals. There are no transaction fees for automatic recurring payments using your Visa Check Card Card or for deposits. Otherwise, BrightStar CU may charge transaction fees as described in our account and fee disclosures. You may incur additional surcharges from merchants or owners of ATMs or terminals. Other fees and qualifications may apply. Daily withdrawal and purchase limits may apply. A BrightStar CU Checking account is required in order to obtain a Visa Check Card Card.
Your BrightStar Visa Check Card is more rewarding. Enroll in the ScoreCard Rewards Program and receive 300 bonus points just for enrolling! Then use your enrolled Visa Check Card and earn 1 point for each $2 in qualifying purchases***.
Points can be redeemed for great rewards including gift cards, merchandise and travel rewards.
The more you use your Visa Check Card, the faster the points add up!
ScoreCard Rewards is a FREE Benefit for BrightStar Members! Enroll Today!
How to enroll
- Enroll your current BrightStar Credit Union Visa Check Card** in ScoreCard Rewards.
- Sign for qualifying purchases*** and earn points. Press "credit" on keypads or ask to sign for purchases.
Points Add Up Quickly!
- Buy Gas
- Buy Groceries
- Dine In or Out
- Shop Online
The Choice is Yours!
*Only Visa check cards issued in the United States and in good standing may be eligible to participate in ScoreCard® Rewards. Business Account debit cards are not eligible for this program. Additional exclusions of cards may apply. We reserve the right to determine in our sole discretion whether a particular Visa card or cardholder is eligible to participate in ScoreCard® Rewards.
**Only Qualifying Purchases with an enrolled Visa card can earn points. A "Qualifying Purchase" is any signature-based purchase, Internet purchases, phone or mail order purchases, bill payments, contactless purchases (purchases made by holding your Visa card or other device up to a secure reader instead of swiping your card), or small dollar purchases for which you are not required to sign, made with an enrolled Visa Check card, which is processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A. Inc. payment system. Do not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN) when paying for your purchases with your enrolled Visa Check card if you want to earn points for such purchases. PIN-based purchases, purchases you initiate through identification technology that substitutes for a PIN, cash advances, ATM transactions, fees charged by us or transactions that are not processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A. Inc. payment system are not Qualifying Purchases. We reserve the right to determine in our sole discretion whether a particular Visa Check card transaction is a Qualifying Purchase
Frequently Asked Questions
When you open a BrightStar CU account, you become a member. Your membership is your passport to a whole world of Credit Union services. Join for as little as $1. Once you're a member, you're eligible to apply for other accounts-including checking, loans, credit cards, and more. We offer 3 convenient ways to join:
- Submit an application online
- Complete a PDF application online, then mail it
- Visit your nearest BrightStar CU branch location
Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Broward, Collier, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach OR St. Lucie Counties, Florida. BrightStar CU serves Broward Schools, as we've proudly done for over 70 years. We provide services to local Partner Organizations, which offer BrightStar CU as a benefit to their employees. Family members of the above named groups are also eligible to join.